Software Licence Manager – Client Facing.
The successful applicant will be responsible for supporting the sale of complex software driven solutions and specifically tail spend solutions across a wide client base. The individual will have a proven track record of software licensing knowledge, vendor partner management, customer services excellence and license lifecycle sales. The successful individual will be responsible for working with one of ASM’s major client account teams in branch to manage their end-to-end sales and commercial engagement for all none-core tail spend software opportunities. The individual will need to be used to working as part of a disparate team either from designated customer office, Head office or branch network, will have experience of working with vendor partners or their distributors.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Promote non core software supplier rationalisation amongst internal and external sales teams
- Lead or join internal and customer calls to promote rationalisation service
- Qualify RFQ’s before passing to ASM’s Account Team for quoting
- Work closely with ASM’s major accounts internal and external teams to keep the client up to date with the ASM offering and keep ASM up to date with the client’s strategy, client base & contacts
- Be the “go to” person within the client for weirdware software requirements
- Be the first point of contact within the client for issues, price discrepancies, operational requirements related to ASM quotes, orders, delivery of licences
- Seek out opportunities within the client to provide a managed solution of tail end software spend for its customer (existing and new)
- Work with ASM and the client to develop and manage an effective licence and support renewals process
- Work with ASM and the client to develop and manage efficiencies around hands free processes and automation of price feeds and electronic links between ASM and the client
- Work with ASM team to ensure content of the client’s portal is relevant and up to date
- Accompany ASM external team on occasional branch visits
- Attend Training and meetings at ASM locations when required
- Facilitate and participate in vendor communication with the client’s software sales team
- Learn about and stay informed about competitors, channel, best practice in procurement and software licensing
- Take responsibility for meeting and exceeding performance and revenue targets set by ASM and the client
- Working hand-in-hand with Software Solutions Specialists; provide end-to-end provision of complex software quotes/cost modelling etc., expertly leveraging vendor licensing vehicles to the mutual benefit of the customer for all key or nominated software vendors.
- 1st point of contact for the client’s incumbent licensing customers.
- 1st point of contact for the client’s account team for licensing enquiries
- Maintenance of relevant client software catalogues and pricing
- Achieve and maintain any agreement specific SLAs both in terms of customer delivery and vendor expectation/obligation
- Collaborate with Solutions Specialists and Sales teams to maximize the potential sales opportunities within client licensing contract, specific to up-sell, cross-sell as appropriate.
- Ensure customers are receiving the most accurate and up to date procurement and licensing guidance through the lifecycle of their software agreements with the customer. This includes notifying clients of their options or potential gains from programmatic and product changes, obsolescence as necessary.
- Assist with the bidding process including response documents such as RFI, RFP and full proposal.
- Drive partnership and collaboration with key vendors.
- Assist Software Solution Specialist with pipeline ensuring all customer opportunities etc., are shared and pipeline the CRM is as accurate and up to date as possible.
- 3-5 yrs expert industry knowledge across multiple software vendors.
- At least 2+ yrs experience of working with unusual or none-core software (wierdware) vendors e.g. WinZip, K2 Blackpearl, JetBrains, Atlassian and MindJet etc.
- An ability to spot, qualify and leverage new licensing opportunities within incumbent and next accounts.
- A strong understanding of technology, emerging technologies and the broader market outside software.
- The ability to develop long term relationships as a trusted partner for our client’s customers.
- The ability to drive internal collaboration and lead virtual teams.